Date of draft: 9 mar 2016
Purpose of this operating procedure
- This Operating Procedure defines the procedure for the election of members to the HPAC Board of Directors (BoD)
- in a general election
- in a by-election
Procedure for the Election of Directors
- The executive director (ED) shall normally act as election supervisor (supervisor).
- The election supervisor shall publish a call for candidates from those regions holding elections. The supervisor shall specify a date by which time submission of candidates' names shall be concluded. All names received by that date shall constitute the candidates for election to the HPAC/ACVL Board of Directors.
- Members may nominate themselves, or be nominated by another member (in this case, the nominee must confirm that he/she accepts the nomination). Nominations need not be seconded.
- Candidates shall submit a brief statement explaining their interest in standing for the Board of Directors to the election supervisor to be shared the membership of the region.
- If there is only one candidate at the end of the time period set for the submission of names, that person shall be named to the BoD by Acclamation, and no further voting need be conducted.
- The election supervisor shall prepare a ballot (which may be an electronic ballot) and disseminate it to the membership along with the date for the close of voting for the election.
- HPAC/ACVL members in those regions holding elections shall be eligible to vote for one candidate from his or her geographic region (as determined by the members address registered with HPAC/ACVL).
- Votes in an election shall be cast by electronic means (email or other at the discretion of the Supervisor). Votes shall be counted only if received before the close of the voting period.
- There shall be no proxy voting - members shall submit their own ballot.
- The election supervisor shall tabulate the vote, shall notify the HPAC/ACVL President, board and members of the region of the election result, and shall confirm that the election has been completed according to the required procedures.
- 2012-01-06 GG: remove Air Magazine
- 2015-12-06 SL: new version conform to canadian regulations
- 2016-03-10 SL: edits added online