Date of Issue: 26 may 2015
Purpose of this operating procedure (OP)
- The purpose of this operating procedure is to define and describe the process to grant the Jamie Christensen Memorial Award.
- The Jamie Christensen Memorial Award may be awarded annually to an outstanding individual who has made a long-term contribution towards the growth of hang gliding and paragliding but who may not be able to meet the requirements for a Master rating. The award is one of the premier mechanism to recognize individual contributions to the sports.
- Any person who has made a long-term contribution to the sports in any capacity is eligible for this award. An individual need not be a pilot or a member of the HPAC/ACVL to be considered and can have made his/her contribution at the national, regional or local levels.
- The Jamie Christensen Memorial Award cannot be awarded to the same individual more than once.
- Any member of the HPAC/ACVL may nominate an individual for the award. Nominations must be forwarded to the Executive Director.
- The winner shall be selected from the nominated individuals by a majority vote of the Members at the Annual Meeting of Directors.
About Jamie Christensen
Jamie wrote the original HAGAR study manual which was photocopied and passed around all over western Canada. He was an HPAC Paragliding Instructor recently living in Kelowna. He had a nice day flying at Blue Grouse in the Spring, went home and later that day died of an asthma attack.
- 2003-02-14: created
- 2015-12-14 SL: new version conform to canadian regulations