Date of Issue: 14 February 2003
Purpose of this Policy Directive
- The purpose of this Policy and Regulatory Directive (PRD) is to state the
describe the process to grant the Jamie Christensen Memorial Award.
- The Jamie Christensen Memorial Award may be awarded annually to an outstanding
individual who has made a long-term contribution towards the growth of hang
gliding and paragliding but who may not be able to meet the requirements for
a Master rating. The award is one of the premier mechanism to recognize individual
contributions to the sports.
- Any person who has made a long-term contribution to the sports in any capacity
is eligible for this award. An individual need not be a pilot or a member
of the HPAC/ACVL to be considered and can have made his/her contribution at
the national, regional or local levels.
- The Jamie Christensen Memorial Award cannot be awarded to the same individual
more than once.
- Any member of the HPAC/ACVL may nominate an individual for the award. Nominations
must be forwarded to the Business Manager.
- The winner shall be selected from the nominated individuals by a majority
vote of the Members at the Annual Meeting of Directors.
- René Marion
- Judith Newman
- Gregg Humphreys
- John Jansen
About Jamie Christensen
Jamie wrote the original HAGAR study manual which was photocopied and passed
around all over western Canada. He was an HPAC Paragliding Instructor recently
living in Kelowna. He had a nice day flying at Blue Grouse early this spring,
went home and later that day died of an asthma attack.