HPAC/ACVL
Hang Gliding & Paragliding Association of Canada
Association Canadienne de Vol Libre

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Forum SubscriptionsForum Subscriptions   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Budget 2018/2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HPAC/ACVL Forum Index -> AGM 2018 - Annual General Meeting
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you in agreement with the budget for the fiscal year 2018/2019, as approved by the board of directors?
Yes/Oui
53%
 53%  [ 66 ]
No/Non
42%
 42%  [ 53 ]
Abstain/Abstention
4%
 4%  [ 5 ]
Users Voted : 124
Total Votes : 124
This poll has expired.

Martin Henry
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Detailed poll results Reply with quote

Russell Fretenburg wrote:
Looks like the public display of detailed poll results has been disabled. Good idea I think.

Russ, funny in a way when you think of it... who flipped the switch? and the paranoid among us might ask what information can "they" see?

It's just a budget, yes a budget that represents a major fiscal change but just like a live AGM we no doubt would have used a show of hands... and somebody video taping the whole event. Besides, Lexa and Google know all of our secrets anyway.

One thing for sure, its good to see the discussion and it good to see members vote!

Cheers

Martin
Nicolas Jones
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 06:09 pm    Post subject: Annual Directors Meeting Reply with quote

I will do my best to answer the question about the need for an annual face-to-face Directors Meeting.

Many of the issues we discuss at the meeting would be impossible to resolve online, or even on Skype. Nine people cannot hold an effective discussion online. Furthermore, the act of putting us all in a room with nowhere to go really focuses everyone 100% on HPAC business and we simply would not get it all done any other way. Some of those decisions recorded in the minutes are the result of over an hour of (sometimes heated) discussion. This is the same reason we get our Senior Instructors together to work on major projects every couple years - it is otherwise impossible to coordinate everyone's effort and nothing gets done.

HPAC pays for travel and accommodations, the meeting room and usually pays for a working lunch one day. BoD members pay all other expenses.

Over the past years that I have been involved we spend 18-24 hours over 2-3 days days in the meeting room. We work our way though a full agenda and try to get everything finished in the limited time we have. Most of us are using at least 2 days vacation time to attend. However, it's not all slave labour. We have breakfast together, go out for dinner together, talk about flying, and get to know each other on a much more personal level than online contact allows. The other perk is being able to visit the local flying community after the meetings are finished.

There are some BoD positions that will be available at elections this fall and I encourage everyone to consider getting involved.

Nick Jones
Mark Carter
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 07:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Annual Directors Meeting Reply with quote

Nicolas Jones wrote:
I will do my best to answer the question about the need for an annual face-to-face Directors Meeting.

Many of the issues we discuss at the meeting would be impossible to resolve online, or even on Skype. Nine people cannot hold an effective discussion online. Furthermore, the act of putting us all in a room with nowhere to go really focuses everyone 100% on HPAC business and we simply would not get it all done any other way.

I can only offer my experience from a professional setting (vs volunteer). I run a Skype based meeting bi-weekly with counterparts from Edmonton, Florida, Montreal, Toronto, + the Bay area, and it is occasionally attended by counterparts in Sweden and the UK (in addition to external 3rd party partners). We will frequently exceed a dozen, sometimes hit 20 'attendees'. We have both discussion and disagreement and we make it work in a productive and professional manner. As the adage goes, "If there is a will ...".
Remy Guignard
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 08:34 pm    Post subject: The Aero Club of Canada Reply with quote

Another question, What precisely does The Aero Club of Canada for HPAC? How does it facilitate participation in international competitions?

Une autre question, Que fait précisément The Aero Club of Canada pour ACVL? Comment facilite il les participations aux compétitions internationales?

Thank, Merci
Martin Henry
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: The Aero Club of Canada Reply with quote

Remy Guignard wrote:
Another question, What precisely does The Aero Club of Canada for HPAC? How does it facilitate participation in international competitions?

Une autre question, Que fait précisément The Aero Club of Canada pour ACVL? Comment facilite il les participations aux compétitions internationales?

Thank, Merci

Remy, as a pilot who benefited from our membership in the Aero Club of Canada via the HPAC/ACVL I must admit both bias in favor of maintaining the membership but sadly find it harder and harder to justify.

First off appreciate that we (members of the HPAC/ACVL) are members of the Aero Club of Canada, also know as our National Aero Club or "NAC". The Aero Club of Canada is a member of the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale or FAI ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F%C3%A9d%C3%A9ration_A%C3%A9ronautique_Internationale ) . You can go to the link on Wiki to get the explanation as to what the FAI is and does but I think it is a bit of old school, aristocratic "old boys club" that is the keeper of the holly records of aviation.

Why I struggle with its value is, like all of my dreaded bureaucracies, they cloak themselves in self importance. In today's modern world, they are starting to appear less and less relevant. Possibly the best comparison of the FAI to another similar organization would be the IOC (International Olympic Committee)... Draw your own conclusions.

I will admit, I am proud of my FAI world records, the lofty height of pursuing the FAI challenge gave me pride many years back but I also have to admit that the FAI had little if anything to do with my efforts to achieve those world records other than to make me jump through a bunch of paper hoops and take my money. (oh... btw, even if you are a member of the NAC, you still need a sporting class licence to compete or pursue FAI world records... another $50?)

As to how the Aero Club and the FAI facilitate participation? Nothing other then the rules and a flag. Some actually believe they are hindering world championship with out of control regulations and rules. Recently there has been discussion that involve drug testing at FAI events. The FAI wants to imitate a glorified IOC drug free environment and we get to pay the bill. Its this sort of BS that makes be think less of the FAI... I mean drugs in an aviation sport? Testing ?

Ok, one thing should be clear, I'm pretty sure most of the money we pay to the Aero Club of Canada gets passed onto the bottomless pit of the FAI. In a way, being a member of the Aero Club of Canada is a good thing as many other forms of aviation in Canada are also a member. Is there value in that? I'm no longer sure.

I'm not longer pursuing the records, I no longer compete in FAI events... to that end I would leave it up to those pilots to justify our membership.

Martin Henry
Amir Izadi
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: The Aero Club of Canada Reply with quote

Remy Guignard wrote:

Thank, Merci

Martin explained it quite thoroughly, but I'll add a couple things.

The bottom line is that being a member of the AeroClub (and hence FAI) enables our pilots to compete in the Cat 1 FAI World Championships in PG and HG that happen once every two years. It also allows our pilots to claim FAI world records.

But not being a member of FAI doesn't prevent our pilots from competing in any PWC (Paragliding World Cup) or Cat 2 event, which is essentially every national championship, or fun but serious comps like the Monarca or Ratrace/Applegate Open. Only the Worlds and the Europeans (which we are excluded from anyways) are Cat 1 comps. But it does prevent people from claiming FAI triangle, OR etc. But very very few of our pilots even attempt these anymore.

Whether our association as a whole benefits from being a member of the Aeroclub for the few pilots who do compete internationally is a question for the membership.

Jim Reich
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 08:31 am    Post subject: We don’t have a quorum with this voting method Reply with quote

Only 66 out of over 1000 members have voted so this vote should not count.

My view is that paying $50 per member for administration is too much for managing a database and rating system updates.

We are a small organization.
Tom Sliepen
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 01:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim, Martin, et al,

As a board member I am intimately aware of what the admin office does for each member and how much instructors, especially senior instructors at high volume schools, deal with the admin office. Many comments here therefor took me by surprise. To dilute the office's duties to; managing a database and updating a rating system, is a gross misrepresentation of what the office actually does on a day to day basis.

Also, a letter was sent out to the complete membership in April of this year. It dealt exactly with this topic, the Executive Director's responsibilities, and was apparently not read. As an association we share the responsibility of communications, between the board, the committees, the members etc. We all agree we can do better at that at the board level, this is something we are actively working on as Randy mentioned, but lets also agree that our members share the responsibility of effective communication, i.e. read sent out HPAC communications, vote during the AGM, etc.

Further to what duties the admin office performs; please take some time to really absorb what each item means. Each item represents a lot of work on its own, and this list below is not even complete.

- coordinate, coordinate, coordinate,........ did I say coordinate, with the various subcommittees and many many stakeholders:
competition committee
safety committee
awards committee
records committee
committee of Senior Instructors
legal counsel
insurance broker
aero club of Canada
landowners, landowners, landowners
all paragliding and hanggliding schools
government
media
translation services of all HPAC documentation and communications
foreign visiting pilots
sister free flying associations world wide (most notably USHPA, BHPA, NZHPA, I may be forgetting some)
annual director's elections

- the admin office also assists the board members in keeping on track with their responsibilities. This means very regular communications with especially the President and the Treasurer but also with all other board members

- communications:
prompt responses to inquires from members about last minute rating updates, fee processing etc.
construct the HPAC news letters
assists heavily with getting the Safety Advisories sent out
membership wide direct emails
construct ADM agenda, put together ADM minutes and disseminate
leading hand in coordinating with the website developers, with creating / organizing content for the website
send out membership cards and welcome packages to new members
send out logbooks, pre launch safety cards to tandem instructors
budget reports to Treasurer
disciplinary actions
assist in SOP renewal / updating
initial accident response

- any HPAC associated travel arrangements are organized by the Admin office, for instance for the ADM or for the CSI

Some criticism against the board prove to me that some people do not realize what it means that we are a volunteer run association. All board members and all committee members have jobs, a family life and friends, various other responsibilities like anyone, an addiction to free flight to quench and spend any time left on volunteer HPAC work. I know how hard this is to do and therefor I also know what a godsend it is that we have a paid staff member to pick up all the slack, and really, do all the heavy lifting. We simply could not do what we do, without it. We are not a "small" organization anymore. The dynamics of what it means to be a nation-wide sports association, with ties to the international community, have changed significantly the last 10, if not 5 years.

Hopefully this clarifies what our paid staff member does currently. It will be up to the membership to vote whether they feel this is what we want our executive director to do or not. If not, then we either decide to scale down our operation as an association or we hope that more volunteers will step up to take on the duties that we do not want to pay for any more. Seeing how hard it already is to find volunteers for any of our board or committee positions I do not believe that is a realistic approach. It is hard enough to get people to vote or read emails. That would leave scaling down the way we do things now which is in my opinion also not a desirable approach if we want to keep our sport alive and healthy.

How to maintain and grow our sport is of course a whole other discussion. One the board would love to receive your input on and subsequent volunteer muscle for to make it happen. If you would like to see changes happen in how things are done at the organizational level of HPAC keep your eye open for the board elections in your region, or submit your name to a committee to help and call a board member or commitee volunteer and provide them with constructive ideas. With your assistance and in good consultation with all parties and stakeholders involved you will be able to affect some of the change you want to see.

Cheers

Tom Sliepen

HPAC Prairies Region
Eric Olivier
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 05:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi members and fellow pilots,

I will simply quote Tom on this as I believe in his statement:

"I know how hard this is to do and therefor I also know what a godsend it is that we have a paid staff member to pick up all the slack, and really, do all the heavy lifting. We simply could not do what we do, without it. We are not a "small" organization anymore. The dynamics of what it means to be a nation-wide sports association, with ties to the international community, have changed significantly the last 10, if not 5 years."

I believe that diluting this position (with respect to the suggestion of having many doing this job) will only dilute the result and service available.
Also, and as an example only, I really want to know I am insured when flying, not I think I am cause I sent in the paper work to, wait? is this still the right person or even the right address ? let me call, Oh wait a voice message box with ? Wait is this the right number?? etc

I do not think that a serious (in responsibility) organization like HPAC can afford to run simply on volunteers. We need a reliable office.

And to have that level of commitment and reliability as an organization, we really need to be reasonable in terms of the cost of operation and means for compensation.

I support this budget.

Thanks to all of you for sharing your valid points. And please do so as well by voting.

Eric

Salut membres et collègues pilotes,

Je ne vais pas traduire la sitation de Tom, mais le reste de mon message seulement. Par contre je suis d'accord avec ses propos.

Je crois que de diluer les responabilités du gestionnaire de notre notre association (par reference à distribuer les tâches parmis plusieurs personnes) ne réussira qu'à diluer l'offre, le service et le résultat.
Aussi, et comme exemple seulement, je veux être certain que j'ai des assurances lorsqu'en vol, pas que je crois être assure car j'ai envoyé les paperasses à la bonne adresse ? La bonne personne ? Ai-je le bon numéro pour vérifié... boite vocale ?.etc

Je pense qu'une organization aussi importante que l'ACVL (en matière de responsabilités) ne peu se permettre d'être opéré que par des bénévoles. Nous avons un réel besoin d'avoir un bureau fiable.

Et, pour obtenir ce niveau d'implication et de fiabilité en tant qu'organisation, ne devons être raisonable par rapport aux coûts reels d'opération et aussi des moyens de compensations.

Je suis d'accord avec ce budget.

Merci à tous pour le partage de vos opinions. Et faites le aussi en votant.

Eric
Russell Fretenburg
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 09:55 pm    Post subject: Agm Reply with quote

Well, I don't really have an issue with the other members seeing how everyone votes. This kind of thing is often done in a room by a show of hands at other non-profits I have been involved in. The odd thing was that if you were not logged in you could see all the results by person, but if you were logged in as a member of the organization you could not see the results. You only saw the voting dialog. It seemed a bit backwards that the whole world could see the results (if they found the web page) but logged in members could not.
Martin Henry
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Responding to Tom's posting above.....

Tom,

First, how do I change my vote? I mean, after your post, goodness we need to put MORE money to administration. At the very least we should plan to get the Executive Director a secretary? We can save money by moving all the responsibilities of the directors over to Executive Directors "Office"?

Reading your list (yes the same long list that came from an earlier boring bullet point email from the new exciting HPAC/ACVL) And like all budding bureaucracies, the list is wrapped in self importance assuring all will be consumed and everything is of dire importance. All that invisible behind the scenes work that makes us a true national association! (I think this is the part where we need to start singing "Oh Canada"?)

As one of the many past Presidents of this association we were able to run the association with far less of a budget, we licked stamps, sent out membership cards, put a real news letter in the hands of the members. We met annually face to face, we had instructor meetings, we had dire battles of great importance ... we did what was needed. Please let me know where I can send my bill, I would really like to be paid for all of the time I invested in this association.

Times have changed? Yes they have. Sadly it appears that paper takes priority over pilots (but by God, we will be an organized bunch of paper pushers).

Ok, so if you can get past my snarky attempt at sarcasm... don't take this the wrong way (because the first rule of being an HPAC/ACVL director is to have thick skin) but.....

You did take the time to accurately lay out all the responsibilities of the Executive director and thanks, but I would like to point out the overall structure of you post lays down the problem with my poor old HPAC/ACVL, at least 95% of the response was dedicated to the administration and less than 5% was addressing growth and flying (which, btw might be something important to aim for if you expect to have a future?), I quote the one short sentence:

"How to maintain and grow our sport is of course a whole other discussion."

Which is why I truly believe we do not need to spend $48,000 on our administration. We can run a much leaner ship and the directors, like directors from the past must be prepared to step up. The alternative is do what I suggest at the beginning of this post... hire secretary for the Executive director, toss out the directors and let a contracted 3rd party run the show.

Martin Henry
(Grumpy old past President Wink )
Max Fanderl
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 06:11 pm    Post subject: Running an Association is one part, growing is another. Reply with quote

I have read all the posts and I do agree with all of them in some respect or another.
I do appreciate the importance of the administration, but at the same time focusing on administration only, will not help to grow and evolve our sport.
Martin had a good point, and I agree that it might be a good idea to contract out some of the administration work to save money. At the same time though, I can see the point that good administration will have a cost to it, so if this is the price of what it will cost, then so be it.
In my opinion, I would rather see the HPAC hire a person who would create a proper curriculum for students and instructors (with the CSI). In addition, this person can help organize additional educational workshops for pilots, and to expose our sport and market it in a greater capacity to the general public.
Darek Magusiak
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 07:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off this vote shouldn't count. We're looking at less than 10% members who voted. It's simply not representative.
We need to find a better method that would result in minimum 50% turnout.

In many posts it's been mentioned that ED manages ratings and memberships which takes a large chunk of time we pay for.

The thing is that all this could be done automatically. Technology is there. Simple Salesforce deployment could do it all.

I work for company where we manage several million memberships. Team of few employees does all that and pumps tons of new features each month.
It can be done.

48k/year is $25/h. I have hard time seeing "contracted 3rd party" that would be experienced and dedicated jump in to work for that wage.

In my opinion it's not about 48k. Association that wants to be considered serious and active needs administration!

It's about the fact we are in XXI century and running 1990s operation.
It's also about the fact that we have very small membership base. If we grew our membership numbers by 50% the 48k wouldn't be glaring on the balance sheet.

From my perspective (as instructor running school) I would like to see HPAC office to be there and ready to help whenever it's required. That COST money and cutting that cost down will bring level of service down. Not ideal.

That said, I'd say lets leave 48k for now and focus on lack of communication, lack of transparency, lack of long term vision for the association instead.

My two cents....
Martin Henry
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darek Magusiak wrote:
First off this vote shouldn't count. We're looking at less than 10% members who voted. It's simply not representative.
We need to find a better method that would result in minimum 50% turnout.

Darek, Democracy is democracy... The members have had plenty of time to participate.. both sides of the Yes and No are doing their best to drum up the vote. If the members won't vote, it is what it is.

FYI, 100 + votes... is amazing (look back through the history)

Martin
Martin Henry
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darek Magusiak wrote:
That said, I'd say lets leave 48k for now and focus on lack of communication, lack of transparency, lack of long term vision for the association instead.

My two cents....

Darek, Sorry missed one item regarding your post. The actual compensation (right now) is $36,000. This budget being voted on is intended to seek approval of a increase of just over 33% to a new base of $48,000 (plus office expenses).

I (and others) admit for the need to have the day to day (or a few days a week) business of the association dealt with by a paid administrator but many of us that have history with the association feel this spending is out of control. Given the escalation from $18,900 to a proposed $48,000 in less than 10 years? For an association that in reality has less than a 1000 active members?

Martin
David Edgar
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 05:26 pm    Post subject: I support the budget Reply with quote

If people are in doubt as to what the ED does or who believe that the ED is not doing a good job of the work, then they should come forward and deal with those issues. That is not what this vote is about.

This budget conversation need only address what it costs an organization to have quality leadership. Paid, accountable leadership who is responsible to hold to task the efforts of many volunteer initiatives and committees. Good management is a full time job in a national body that stretches across our massive country. Our ED has a huge portfolio.

Having an experienced and effective ED brings value to HPAC.

We want to pay someone well to ensure that our interests are being represented outside of our community. We need one person to represent the purpose and philosophy of the club. Someone who represents the national business interests of our existence.

Our sport needs a strong ED now more than ever: commercial interests threaten our launches and our LZs, liability and insurance concerns never go away and require constant maintenance, consistent and professional written communication with our governing bodies is the norm of the day, and the person who coordinates these details must be good, committed, and sympathetic to flight.

We may be a small organization; we have important and complicated needs which are labour and time intensive.

Thank you to the Board and to the ED for supporting my flying experience in exchange for my annual dues.

Dave Edgar
Martin Henry
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 07:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David,

Again, nothing wrong with the ever evolving possition of the executive director. Our present executive director is more then qualified...., exceptionally qualified. But once again, to coin the phrase "all our eggs in one basket", this is just not good business.

I know what I'm talking about, I implemented the addition of our first paid "administrator/editor" into the HPAC/ACVL. There were times when I questioned who was serving who? For sure, we quickly found ourselves totally reliant and the possition expanded. When that person left it creates a massive hole in the continuity of the association's business.

I'm not convinced we need a full time administration.

Running a leaner more cost effective service may not include a full time office to handle questions at the drop of a hat but things will get done. An executive director providing basic member service will be much more robust then this wildly expanding executive directors office.

BTW, we keep tossing out this number of 1000 members as the number of members that require service... If we dig a little deeper, I suggest at least 3-400 of these members need nothing more then annual renewals, we pay our dues we want our insurance... that's it (we have practically given up on a news letter or a working informative web site).

The occasional membership upgrade can be handled by instructors, in fact, almost all of the rating system can be dealt with by certified instructors. The office would only fact check the data.

We are a small organization (yes with complicated needs) but many of us feel the association is trying to be something it does not need to be.

One this is for sure, it's about time the members took interest and it is great to see the discussion taking place. Let's hope this forum (or something better) remains open and a active place for HPAC/ACVL members to communicate the association's business.

Cheers

Martin
Amir Izadi
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 09:00 pm    Post subject: Times are changing Reply with quote

A few points to add.

First, things have changed significantly, especially in the last 5 years, compared to the 1980's when the association was managed by volunteers. Insurers require a lot more evidence of our due diligence in managing risks so they don't have to. The more we can prove to them that we are very proactive in keeping our ratings up to date and managing risks and improving safety, the lower our insurance rates stay. It's the executive directors job to write out a comprehensive risk management proposal every year for the insurers to keep them happy so our rates stay low.

Second, while a lot of experienced pilots don't require the services of the HPAC office because they've got all the ratings they need and can navigate their way around our the system, a lot of the newer pilots do rely heavily on the office administration for their needs. Same goes for many schools or commercial operations that operate in highly sensitive and congested areas.

Third, the ED compensation meets the industry standard if we compare ourselves to Australia or New Zealand.

Finally, if members want to reduce the office and admin expenses, perhaps the board can look at splitting the office responsibilities in two. One to handle the data management and ratings, much of which can be automated by having the instructors fill out the requisite forms on line etc. and the other relating to the ED core responsibilities which is dealing with the insurer, land owners, media and managing all the various committees of HPAC.

Amir
BC HPAC Director 2007-2011
Martin Henry
HPAC/ACVL Member
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Times are changing Reply with quote

Amir Izadi wrote:

Finally, if members want to reduce the office and admin expenses, perhaps the board can look at splitting the office responsibilities in two. One to handle the data management and ratings, much of which can be automated by having the instructors fill out the requisite forms on line etc. and the other relating to the ED core responsibilities which is dealing with the insurer, land owners, media and managing all the various committees of HPAC.
Amir
BC HPAC Director 2007-2011

Amir,

This is a much better perspective of the challenge of how to run our association.

Someone with the skill sets like our current Executive director should not be doing, lacking a better phrase...."the stamp licking" that is required to deal with the basic data of the association. Automation of the basic membership process should make this little more then a clerical duties to audit and maintain.

Perhaps specialty skills, such as an insurance expert should be returned into the directors list that would be someone from the insurance background that is contracted periodically to oversee as needed. We have had this position in the past but it was voluntary and without compensation. A future insurance liaison could be compensated for the services of overseeing the insurance contract.

This leaves the true position of an Executive director much as has been described in previous posts. If all of the above can be worked within $48,000 proposed I can see it to be of value and spreads out the load and risk associated with a single executive. To work within the budget all of the positions would be part time and contracted on a services rendered.

What I fear is this division of services will only multiply our costs, which is the underlying complaint I'm hearing from members that see this budget as "costs ballooning out of control" .

With only a short window until the vote closes it appears the budget will pass, I hope directors will consider working toward a more efficient and cost effective alternative as it is pretty clear by the current vote that very large portion of the membership are not happy with the direction the HPAC/ACVL is heading.

Martin
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HPAC/ACVL Forum Index -> AGM 2018 - Annual General Meeting All times are GMT-6 hours: CST/MDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: