Date of Issue: April 8 2003
Purpose of this standard operating procedure
- The purpose of this standard operating procedure (SOP) is to state the vision,
mission and goals of the HPAC/ACVL.
- The Vision of the HPAC/ACVL is a vibrant community of hang gliding and paragliding
pilots safely practising the sport on a wide selection of first-class flying
sites across Canada, now and well into the future.
mission of the HPAC/ACVL is to provide its members with those services of a national
nature that enable and facilitate their safe participation in hang gliding and
paragliding in Canada.
goals of the HPAC/ACVL, in order of priority based on the responses of the
HPAC/ACVL member survey conducted in 2002, are to:
- Provide a national insurance program;
- Monitor and promote the safety of hang gliding and paragliding
- Promote the growth of hang gliding and paragliding in
Canada and maintain a viable population of active pilots;
- Support the preservation and acquisition of flying sites
- Represent the interest of hang gliding and paragliding
pilots at Transport Canada;
- Develop and manage a Canadian pilot rating program to
help standardize pilot skills in Canada;
- Promote a hang gliding and paragliding instructor formation
- Manage a national competition program to select a Canadian
hang gliding and Canadian paragliding champion;
- Represent the interest of Canadian hang
gliding and paragliding pilots internationally.